Monday, October 10, 2011

Being (in) isn't really that important

Being (in) isn’t really that important. That’s what I have learned from the experiences I had. Let me acquaint with you about my experience that boils down to the lesson that being (in) isn’t really important. Let me embark on.
When I was high school I am being looked up by my school mates because I am one of the active and intelligent students among the others. That’s what they say, but on my view point, I am looked up probably because my mother is a teacher where I am studying. I got honors, fame and reputation during my high school days. As a result, I am used of being (in) in every organization, in every gathering, in every new fashion statements, in every peer groups and among others. Furthermore, I am used to have the attention of my classmates and friends; I want them not to neglect me in everything they do, I want always to be part of everything they do, I don’t want to feel like being abandoned nor being isolated to the people who are being looked up too.
As a consequence, the attitude of becoming always (in) was brought by me in college. That is today. When I was in 1st and 2nd year in college I always wanted to be (in), to be well appreciated and to be always looked up. Notwithstanding the others, I always did my best to sustain the principle I keep on holding on, and that’s of becoming (in). I never noticed that I am already out of the standards set by the person that surrounds me. I stepped them. I stereotyped them. I pull them down, it’s because I want always to be (in). I admit it, I did a wrong move. I won’t deny it, I hurt somebody.
However, my mistakes taught me more than the lessons I got from books. It made me realize that it isn’t important of becoming (in) always. Indeed, it is more important of becoming yourself, of becoming the best among the best that you can. You can’t control the minds of others. Thus, you can’t please everybody. Always remember that becoming an intelligent as well as active student still needs a brilliant character. Don’t let your mind brings you higher from the pavement you are stepping at. You still have to look down and stare at your heart, feel and be aware  that it is still beating. That’s the most significant above all, and not of becoming (in) always.

No comments:

Post a Comment